Adult Volunteer Program (ages 18+)
Medical City Lewisville offers an active Volunteer Program for adults. We invite you to join us in providing professional, supportive and dependable service to enhance the care of patients and the comfort of visitors.
What do Volunteers do?
- Staff Information and Registration desks
- Deliver flowers and patient mail
- Assist Nursing staff with Indirect patient care in the Emergency Department, Day Surgery and other departments as needed
- Answer phones and clerical work in various departments
- And many other opportunities
What are the Requirements?
A good attitude, a gentle smile and a helping hand! Each volunteer at Medical City Lewisville is a valued member of our hospital team.
Volunteering in a hospital environment requires a special training and orientation program that is designed to provide for the needs of our patients and family members. To meet all regulatory guidelines, volunteer applicants must:
- Attend a 4-hour hospital orientation (held once a month)
- Complete hospital-provided health screenings including a drug and TB test
- Agree to a background check
- Volunteer for a 4 hour shift at least 1 day per week; 3 weeks out of each month minimum
- Commit to 1 year of service minimum
- Attend training for specified placement area
- Meet other training or regulatory guidelines as needed
How do I become a volunteer at Medical City Lewisville?
Please take a moment and fill out the volunteer application. You can also pick an application up at the information front desk in the main lobby. Return instructions are listed on the application.
PLEASE NOTE: If there is a current opening available, the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to set up an interview. If there are no current openings, your application will be kept on file and you will be contact if and when a space opens.
There are many special opportunities that await you as a Medical City Lewisville Volunteer. Join a diverse and talented team of people who share the joy of making life better for others.
Summer Volunteer Program (ages 16 - 18)
The 2016 Summer Volunteer program runs from June 13th – Aug 12th. Please complete the volunteer application and return to the address listed in the upper left hand corner. You will then be contacted in April to interview and complete some required health screenings. All applications must be submitted by March 31st to be considered. Thank you for your interest.