The Institute of Medicine’s Committee on Identifying and Preventing Medication errors estimates that poor communication is responsible for half the of the 1.5 million medication errors that result in injuries annually.
If you are a senior, live alone or have a chronic medical condition, our FREE Vital M.E.D.S. (Medical Emergency Document Saver) program may help save your life! In case of an emergency, ambulance personnel responding to your home will have your medical information and will be able to administer appropriate assistance.
The Vital M.E.D.S. blue pill bottle contains a:
- Health History Form and instruction sheet
- Door / Window Decal
- Refrigerator Magnet
You will need to:
- Complete the Health History Form. Include existing medical conditions, allergies and medications you are currently taking. In addition, you may ask your pharmacist for a detailed medication summary to include. Place the completed form along with a copy of your drivers license (ID) and insurance card back into the blue pill bottle. You can also include a living will, DNR, etc. Replace the cap on the bottle.
- Write your full name on the outside bottle label in the white space provided and place on a shelf in your refrigerator door where emergency personnel can easily locate.
- Place the magnet on the outside of the refrigerator.
- Stick the decal on your front door or front window in plain view, visible to emergency personnel.
- Update your Health History Form every six months or as needed. Download or print additional blank Health History Forms.
There is no charge for this program. It may save your life in case of an emergency!
The Vital M.E.D.S. blue pill bottles are available at Medical City Lewisville’s front entrance welcome desk at 500 West Main Street, Lewisville, TX 75057 or at Medical City ER Flower Mound at 4351 Long Prairie Rd., Flower Mound 75028.