Neurosurgery Specialists in Lewisville
Experts in minimally invasive brain and neurospine surgeries.
The brain and spine specialists at Medical City Lewisville are experts in all aspects of neurosurgery, including spinal surgery and instrumentation, cranial surgery, oncology pain management, surgical neuro-oncology, vascular and aneurysm surgery, peripheral nerve surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery and frameless stereotactic surgery.
Led by Neurosurgery Medical Director, Ricky Kalra, MD, the brain and spine team is committed to providing personalized service and quality care. The brain and spine team at Medical City Lewisville specializes in artificial disc replacement, minimally invasive surgery (MIS) and craniotomy and spinal surgery technologies designed to reduce blood loss, post-op swelling and scarring and shorten hospital stays.
We offer an integrated treatment plan, which means that we will coordinate your care from the first office visit through pre-op, surgery and post-op therapies, including physical therapy, occupational therapy or inpatient rehab at Medical City Lewisville.
The good news about stroke is that it is largely preventable.
You can't control all of your risk factors for stroke, such as age, gender and family history, but you can determine what your manageable personal risk factors are and take steps to control, treat and improve them today.
Do you know your personal stroke risk factors?
Take our stroke risk assessment to identify your stroke risk factors and how to improve them.
Neurological Brain and Spine Conditions We Treat Include:
- Back pain and neck pain caused by degenerative disc disease, bulging disc and herniated disc pushing on nerve roots
- Neck pain and arm pain caused by degenerative neck arthritis
- Scoliosis treatment for adolescents and adults
- Spinal fractures and instability related to trauma
- Spinal tumors
- Hemorrhagic stroke caused by a ruptured blood vessel
- Ischemic stroke caused by a blood clot or plaque blocking a blood vessel
- Artificial disc replacement
- Minimally invasive craniotomy for tumors and facial pain
- Minimally invasive spinal procedures, including cervical decompression, cervical fusion, kyphoplasty, lumbar decompression, lumbar fusion, microdiscectomy, transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF), scoliosis surgery and spinal fusion for instability
- Transnasal pituitary tumor removal
Comprehensive Neurospine Care
Medical City Lewisville is committed to providing comprehensive, patient-centered care. Our brain and spine team works with specialists from related fields — including imaging services, laboratory services, general surgery, oncology services, orthopedics, the Rehabilitation Institute and surgical services — to ensure that each patient receives the superior quality of care that they deserve.